Friday, October 1, 2010

MIA

September 24-26, 2010:  MIA.  Last Friday I left work and got on a bus routed for Miami to visit my friend Namrata (I also got to see Krystal and Phillip as well!).   The six hour bus ride actually wasn't too bad, despite bad weather on both ends of my trip.  Saturday, I had lunch with Namrata, Krystal, and Phillip at Smoket.  I got a pulled pork sandwich and it was very tasty.  After lunch, we headed over to see Phillip and Krystal's dog, Blue.  He is really big, but such a sweety.

Blue and I

Saturday, Namrata and I ventured out to South Beach.  The weather was beautiful and the water was crystal clear.


After hanging out at the beach for a while we ate lunch at the Fox Cafe.  I would not go there again...the food and drinks were way over priced, considering the quality.  After lunch, I of course had to scope out DASH Miami...being a big Kardashian fan and all.  I had read bad reviews about it before we went, so my hopes weren't too high on it being anything great.  The store had a small amount of expensive clothing and jewelry (I hope no one really pays $100 for a cotton tank top), water bottles with the sisters faces on them, and the belly bandit (which Kourtney wore after her pregnancy to get back in shape).  The people working there weren't rude like the other reviewers had said (they said hi when people entered), but we didn't speak to them to find out either.  Maybe the store is just a front for their show.  I don't know.  I still like them though.  lol.
 
In front of DASH Miami

Before heading back to Namrata's to get ready for my return trip, we went to visit the Miami Holocaust Memorial.

"The Sculpture of Love and Anguish"


When I returned home, my wonderful husband had a beautiful bouquet of lilies waiting for me.  :)  He had went camping with his friends over the weekend, but got home before me.  I told him he needs to write about his trip, but he isn't too keen on blogging.  lol.  Maybe I'll get him to write something later (fat chance).

 Pink Lilies from Eric


Oh--and for all of those people that check this out today-- Walgreens is offering a free 8x10" collage print through October 1st on their website.  Use the code FBColl at checkout.  For more information check out this link from slickdeals.net: Walgreens Free Photo Collage.

Also--- If you are into looking for deals online a good site to check is Dealighted.

Alright, well I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I hope the Gators beat Alabama Saturday!  Ahh!  Go Gators!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment