Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A May Day

My weekends in May (and every other month it seems) have been really busy.

May 15, 2010 - Ben and Kyra's wedding in Jacksonville!  They both were so giddy during the ceremony...I don't think I've ever seen two people more excited to get married and share their lives together.  It was really cute.  Kyra looked absolutely beautiful in her dress.  What more can I say?  :)  It was a perfect wedding shared with old friends.

Ben and Kyra sealing the deal

 Old Friends

Cake Time!

May 22, 2010 - My Bridal Shower!  Thanks to everyone who came and helped out with the shower!  I truly am blessed to have great friends and family.

Beautiful food table = yum, yum!
  
The presents were amazing!  Thanks SO much!  :)

 The whole gang (minus a few).  I love you all!

May 29, 2010 - Eric's B-Day Party with Family!  Food, sun, swimming, family, presents = one amazing birthday!  Eric and I had a wonderful time sharing his birthday with both of our families.  I really couldn't think of a better way to spend a Saturday.  The nieces and nephew always crack me up and I got to work on my tan a little bit (yes...we all still know it needs work, lol.).  Much love to the fam!

Doesn't our family seem really huge?

May 30, 2010 - Eric's REAL birthday!  Well...we were supposed to have our engagement pictures taken, but it got rained out.  I felt really bad because I spent hours trying to get ready for the pictures, yelling at Eric because I was stressed out about burning my hand on the curlers (among other things), and it seems all for nothing (and on his birthday none the less).  But we did salvage the day by staying dressed up and going out to eat at Chili's.  And...I get to see Eric again next weekend for try #2 of our engagement pictures.  :)  Hopefully, circumstances will fall in our favor this time.  If not I seriously need to learn how to take a chill pill.  Also, if anyone knows how to use a curling iron...I seriously need some help!  I am terrible at curling hair!  I think I need some fake hair to practice on because I'm going to end up burning mine to pieces!

Birthday Dinner Ready

Until next time!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Christa... Oh Christa... Sorry for the fruitless effort of trying to show you how to curl your hair. I guess I just wanted an excuse for you to come over and see Nova. LoL... The problem doesn't lie in you not knowing how to curl your hair so much as it is in the tool you are using. Really have to put some money down on a nice hair curler. (one that is hot enough to curl but not to burn the hair) By the way the dress you are wearing in the picture with Eric is the same one or at least looks the same as the one I bought from express for the wedding... copy cat.... You look nice in it though... :)

    ReplyDelete