Monday, July 14, 2014

Eli - 5 Month Update!

I'm 5 Months Old!
Here is Eli's update from 4-5 months.

Stats:
Eli was 15 pounds 4 ounces.  He had gained weight, but then lost it right around when he turned 5 months old because I was dealing with mastitis and clogged milk ducts which effected my milk supply.  I'm happy to report that issue has been resolved for now (Praise God!) and he is gaining back weight.

He wears 6 month clothing and Size 3 diapers.
Eating/Sleeping:
Eli is still breastfeeding, but has also started solids!  Right before he turned five months he had his first solid food - pureed squash.  It did not take him long to learn how to eat it...he gets so excited and loves it.

As you can see from his stats, his weight went down a little from last month.  I started working out, and think it is one of the reasons (repetitive upper body movements) I got mastitis (red, sore, tender spot on breast & flu-like symptoms---got prescribed an antibiotic to clear it up) and clogged milk ducts.  I went to the pediatrician and lactation consultant during this time because I was worried sick that Eli not getting enough food and losing weight.  They did not seem very concerned.  I continued to breastfeed him as often as possible to get the milk flowing again.  After about a week and a half, all the lumps were gone and things are back to normal.  I am so thankful we are over it now.

Something we need to work on is re-teaching Eli to use a bottle (or just go to a sippy cup).  I guess I never got the memo to keep introducing the bottle because now he won't take one (which means I can't leave him very long with anyone).  I really need to get on this, but hate to pump.  We will see how it goes.
 
 
We are going through a bout of sleep regression at this time.  It also started when my milk supply went down (right before he turned 5 months).  He now wakes up in the middle of night and early morning.  Ah!!  Hopefully, it won't last long.


Special Memories:
Besides Eli starting to eat solids (which was very exciting to us...and entertaining), he went on his first trip to Disney World this month.  Eli and I traveled to Orlando (while daddy was working) to stay with my family for a couple days.  We went to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom while we were there. 

At Animal Kingdom he rode the Kilimanjaro Safari ride and watched the Festival of the Lion King, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Flights of Wonder, and Finding Nemo.  He enjoyed all of them except for the Bug's Life show because he was not too pleased that it squirted water in his face.

At Magic Kingdom he rode the Jungle Cruise, Pirate's of the Caribbean, Journey of the Little Mermaid, and watched Mickey's PhilharMagic show.  It's also good to note that they have a nice baby center with rooms for nursing, feeding, and changing diapers.  Great way to get out of the hot sun and into the air conditioning.
Just arrived in Orlando
In line for our first ride
E's First Disney Ride - Kilimanjaro Safari
Hanging with Uncle Steven

The Paparazzi found us at Disney!

Finding Nemo show

Exhausted after a day in the park

Jungle Cruise Time!

Wondering why everyone is smiling so big

Mickey's PhilharMagic Show

We celebrated Eric's first Father's Day with breakfast in bed and presents from Eli.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment