Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hey Dude!!!

November 12-14, 2010:  Eric and I met up with family for a weekend of fun at the Westgate River Ranch Resort in River Ranch, Florida.  Everyone keeps asking me if it was like the show Hey Dude that used to be on Nickelodeon.  lol.  Maybe yes, maybe no (I can't quite remember much about the show except that I used to love it!).  My family got there Thursday (I think), so they got to do a couple more things that we didn't (like horse back riding) get to experience (since we had to wait until I got off work and Eric got out of class in Friday).  Here are some pictures/videos of our adventures!

Our cabin -- It was really nice...just like a hotel, but with a full kitchen and living room.

Family
 
 The "adults" enjoying the pontoon boat ride

Before dinner we went on a hay ride complete with a singing cowboy (Eric just LOVES country music...hahaha).

We saw a lot of COWS!
 
The hay ride brought us back and we were on to the BBQ for dinner!

I'm not sure this worked....nice try guys
 
Emily and MacKenna petting the horses behind our cabin

Saturday night we all headed out for the RODEO!

There was bull riding and barrel racing!

They also had a contest where kids had to try to grab a ribbon from calves tails


MacKenna and our friend
 
 Mom went skeet shooting on her birthday and actually hit a few!
 

Dad shooting a bow
 
 That was pretty much the extent of our activities.  I think we packed a lot into such a short trip. 

I want to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING  to all of ya'll!!  I am SO thankful for God, friends, family, and lots more things that I will not list for time's sake.  I hope everyone stays safe and eats TONS of good food!  I've already been to like 3 Thanksgiving dinners and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet!

*I'm going to do a giveaway for the book Eat,Pray,Love -- so stayed tuned for it!

Also-- A fellow blogger, Girl Gone Mom, is having an amazing giveaway for a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System!!!  My parents just got a Keurig and it's amazing!  It's really easy to work and your drink is ready in minutes!  CLICK HERE to find out more information and enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment