Thursday, July 29, 2010

Book Review: Cast of Characters by Max Lucado

So, I've joined http://www.booksneeze.com.  It's a great site where you can get free books by reviewing them and posting your reviews on your blog and a customer retail website (like Amazon).  For my first book I choose Cast of Characters by Max Lucado.  Here's my review:


Cast of Characters is a compilation of several of Max Lucado’s books, chronicling the lives of people in the Bible.  Each chapter describes a different character, relating their story to our own.  The pages are a celebration of what an awesome God can do with the lives of common people. 

This was my first time reading a book by Max Lucado and I enjoyed it immensely.  His writing style is casual, interesting, and easy to follow.  I used it as a devotional to help me get back into reading my Bible more consistently.  For many of the characters in the Bible I knew well, the author was able to bring a new perspective to their story. The discussion questions at the end of each chapter were very helpful.  They really made me think about how I can apply the godly truths I’ve discovered within the stories.  It was also nice to be able to dig deeper in the Bible, answering questions by reading other passages that related to the topics of the chapters.  I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is searching to get an overview of many great characters in the Bible.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I want to read that book, also. FACING YOUR GIANTS is also a powerful book by Max Lucado. I recommend it for you =) God bless you! -Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. David was a man after Gods own heart. He did many good and bad things in his life. He also had many stumbles and in this case giants. David was just like us. He had girl problems, money problem, she even had to battle his own literal giant. He had habits he wasn't able to break, failures he couldn't seem to forget, but when focusing on God he was able to get through it all. We all go through it, grades we can't seem to make, people we can't seem to please, but with God on our side nothing is impossible.

    ReplyDelete