Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy New Year...a little late...

Happy New Year!  I know, I know...I'm a little late!  I can't believe that January is about over and I have been living in a new state for almost a month.  Moving should be a punishment for those that commit the highest of crimes.  Seriously.  If packing and unpacking aren't enough, add not knowing a soul except your husband and not knowing what to do with your life in the mix.  Go from having a full time job and friends you see every day to waking up at 6am to pack your husband's lunch and not having any interaction with people (except for maybe a quick chat with the apartment office staff or the grocery line bagger) until said husband comes home from a hard day of work at 6,7, or 8pm.

Don't get me wrong.  This is what we wanted.  We are very thankful that Eric was able to find a good paying job and get his career off to a kick start.  It's just hard.  Change has always been hard for me.  And while I know this is a necessary step to figure out what God has planned for me, it doesn't change the fact that this is a challenge.  A challenge I know I will overcome.  At least we didn't have to move to Wisconsin.

With that little rant said, I am VERY blessed and excited for what lies ahead for Eric and I in this beautiful new city.  I have already been encouraged this morning because while writing this blog, I checked my e-mail and saw that I have a place to volunteer next Monday.  Yay for meeting new people!  :)  And I feel just writing this has been therapeutic in itself.  lol.

I definitely want to start blogging more.  I really enjoy sharing my ideas and experiences with people.  I also enjoy interacting with fabulous people from all over the country.  I seriously have met some really cool people through blogs.

So, what have I been doing since the move?!  Well, trying to unpack and get settled for one.  It's hard for me to even have the gumption to create a "home" here though.  We have a short-term lease for five months and are (hopefully) planning to buy a house beginning when the lease ends.  So knowing it is a very big possibility that we are going to have to move yet again does not really inspire me to get this place settled.  I know I need to try a little harder than I have been.

As for the apartment itself, it's great!  It's an absolutely beautiful two bedroom, two bath in a nice area.  The only thing that had me worrying a little at first is that the previous renter said the place is haunted by a little girl.  Before we had even signed the lease she told us that when her husband was out of town the little girl would sit on her bed and wake her up in the middle of the night.  Who tells some one this before they have signed the lease?!   Believe me...I have a way of frightening myself using my imagination...I don't need any ideas implanted in my brain to grow into new ways of scaring myself.  Needless to say, we still signed the lease and have had no little girl sightings.  Until...we went away for the weekend and came back to find our bedroom looking like this----
Eric and I are the neatest, tidiest people one could know.  That is why we know the little girl did this to our bedroom.  lol.  Oh moving.

On another note- It's been great to accommodate our first visitors!  I love seeing friends and family!  First, my mom and brother came and then Eric's dad.  We are looking forward to many more visits!

Steven and I in Downtown Savannah
 
Confederate Memorial in Forsyth Park
 
Paula was very excited to be hanging out with mom.
 
         Eric and his dad at Uncle Bubba's!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

<3 Christa

1 comment:

  1. Finally! lol Yeah I wouldn't be trying to hard to settle in knowing that I'd be leaving in five months. Still, it's not nice to blame little ghost girls on your messy room. haha

    ReplyDelete