Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen

Mennonite in a Little Black Dress is a memoir of Janzen's return to her roots after surviving a car crash and divorce.  She takes time to recoup and write while staying with her Mennonite parents back home.  The stay is a healing process as she revisits old memories and experiences life's funny turns. 

I would give this book 3 out of 5 stars.  The author definitely has a life that would be considered book worthy.  Many of her stories are funny and make you appreciate the small things different people bring to our lives.  Sometimes I felt like she was trying to be funny too often though and her stories didn't flow well.  She uses a lot of big words that I didn't know, so this would probably be a good book if you are studying for the GRE.  lol.  I probably wouldn't recommend this book as a good read, but I did enjoy parts of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment